Old June 4th 09, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Calvin

Default more about interferon side effects

Please see this link:

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library...n-a/page1.aspx

Here it lists liver damage and nervous system damage, in addition
to other side effects mentioned in the previous thread, such as
loss of appetite and throwing up, as possible side effects.

My vet saw the cat again two days ago. At that time I told him
about having waited a week to start the interferon, and about my
concern about side effects. He told me that he had never seen
side effects from interferon.

We are now in the week off from interferon, after the first week on
it.
Next Monday, the day before interferon is to start again, the cat is
to be neutered. I will bring him home the next day, when the
interferon
is to start again. The vet seems to think that the interferon may
help
with any weaknesses that the cat, having leukemia, might have
aggrivated by the neutering. He recommended timing the neutering
so that it would be followed by a week back on interferon.

Does any of this make sense to those of you who are serious?