Old June 6th 09, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cyberpurrs

Default more about interferon side effects

"calvin" wrote in message
On Jun 6, 1:50 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
"calvin"
snipped
Have you got a second opinion??
If you are not going to listen to the advice that the others here have
gave
you. Specially YOUR OWN VET and what Phil P. gave you. If not WHAT THE
HECK DO YOU WANT. Honestly

I'm listening to everything. Please try to see this from my
perspective. This is the first time one of my cats has been
prescribed something to be taken indefinitely, for as long
as the cat lives. Naturally I care about side effects.
How can you fault me for that? I have given a link which
states that possible side effects are

liver damage
nervous system damage
loss of appetite
vomiting

I will be giving the cat interferon for the second week, starting
tuesday, after a week off. But after that, unless someone can
give me good reason to ignore the four warnings listed above,
the interferon will be stopped. If 'Phil P' thinks those specific
warnings should be ignored, then let him tell me why.

It doesn't help for you and 'cybercat' to barge into this thread
with nothing to offer except name-calling, which doesn't have
any effect on me anyway.

Here is the link again:
http://www.petplace.com/drug-library...n-a/page1.aspx
If you're serious, and not just a hostile name-caller, then please
read what it says under 'Precautions and Side Effects'.

Have you read the side effects of the medication your doctor gives you? WHY
WOULD YOU EVER TAKE THAT MEDICINE?

You've been told by experts that this is the right thing to do for your cat,
in your cat's situation. Now what the **** do you want from us?