Old October 8th 04, 03:01 AM
Diane L. Schirf

In article ,
Laila wrote:

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 23:44:59 GMT, "Mary"
wrote:

"Teddy" wrote in message
Bad kitty-I have a 1 1/2 year old declawed male neutered cat that I've had

for about a year. It attacks me, biting hard, briing blood. I can't get him
to stop. I've tried spraying with water, swatting with a single sheet of
newspaper, yelling, etc. PLease give me an idea how to reform him. I'm about
ready to give up. Thanks Desperate Cat Owner

He bites because he is declawed and feels defenseless. You can train him not
to bite, but it will take some effort. First, what are you doing when he
bites you?

the biting could also be the only way he thinks he can get attention.
Shaina bites when she is hungry and i am not delivering food fast
enough. she doesnt' bite hard at all. she also bites when she is
being handled when she doesn't want to. it only takes one or two
times to say "SHAINA", make a scary face and point at her, for her to
stop. she has her claws, but she never uses them on us.

I think "Teddy's" talking about serious, aggressive biting (the kind
Hodge does). It breaks the skin and draws blood, and if I hadn't gotten
pretty good at handling him, he wouldn't let go. Not nipping to get
attention at all.

--
http://www.mindspring.com/~slywy/