Old October 16th 04, 04:46 PM
Barb

It's not so much that they need it (I clip my kitties claws, all 4 paws) as
it makes life easier on the carpet and on my legs. *g*
Less accidental damage from claws with no tips. My furkids race around like
crazy when they get to playing and you can just _hear_ the nails digging
into
the carpet for purchase for quick take-offs. *LOL*
And when they start racing over furniture, same thing. They use my couch
like
it's their own personal jungle gym. Keeping the tips off saves the couch
there, too. My couch has no scratches, despite being used as a kitty diving
platform. Damage done from that sort of thing is almost always the rear
claws.

Well, maybe I should start considering clipping the back claws a bit. My
new leather ottoman has several claw marks already. The sofa's okay. The
claw marks bother me a little but I can't say they bother me a lot.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,