Old December 12th 04, 08:29 PM
Mary

"bluemaxx" wrote in message
I know that when *humans take Beta blockers (I did migraine
control), that you need to "wean" yourself off of them, although it is a
quick wean. I was told to reduce the amount I was used to taking by 1/2
for one week, and then to stop taking them altogether.

And three days would be just about the time frame that you would start
feeling the effects of taking no Beta blockers whatsoever, as they do
stay in your system. I also remember doc telling husband not to go any
longer than 4 days without taking his Beta blocker (for hypertension) or
he could possibly have a heart attack. Perhaps that's something to
think of? Hope your puddingtat comes out ok!
Linda

Linda, thanks for this information, you're right about cats, too--they need
to be tapered off. My mistake, and a stupid one. She seems fine now, and
thank
goodness a Sept. ultrasound showed no heart abnormalities structure-wise.
We got her when she was already fat, and I was worried she had heart
disease.