Old June 9th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Bikini Waxing

On 2006-06-09, CatNipped penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
That's fine for those who have peach-fuzz and call it hair, but
dense black curlies sticking out of a spaghetti strap top is not my
idea of lovely.

That's because that's what our culture tells everyone, of course. Men
wear tank tops all the time and don't worry about their body hair
sticking out (plus clumps of deoderant! ewwww!).

If you ask me, which you didn't, I say that people without body hair
look prepubescent, which fortunately doesn't turn me on!

PS -- if your bikini area hasn't worn a bikini in years, why are
you messing with it, anyway?

Because I am the extreme opposite of folicle-ly challenged - even a
regular swimsuit would be embarrassing if I didn't remove the hair
there (picture a thickly-bearded man trying to contain his facial
hair with dental floss!!!).

Well, obviously you should do whatever makes you feel comfortable. My
mom tried to shame me into shaving, and even told me, "If you weren't
dating [ex-bf], you would have to shave to get a boyfriend." Hrmph!
Hasn't been true thus far in my life, and obviously that kind of BS is
what I'm still reacting to (sub)consciously today.

Yeah, I can see where you'd rebel - that was an awful thing to say (but then
reading about your mom, that one doesn't surprise me).

I think some of my feelings about this issue come from having grown up in a
different era. I certainly don't think I should tell someone else what's
right for them, I'm a *FIRM* believer in "different strokes for different
folks".

--

Hugs,

CatNipped