Old October 17th 03, 09:10 PM
MaryL

"Karen M." wrote in message
To my fellow feral caretakers, have a question:

I posted pics recently of my two lovely semi-feral kittens, Miss
Marmalade (Marmie) and Harley. They are doing great for the most part,
except for one little problem - Marmie is not going in the litter box.
She goes *around* the litter box, but not in it..

I'm thinking another vet trip is in order, but maybe this is a habit
left over from her original worm condition?

How large is your litter box? Duffy did that for awhile (my blind cat
adopted several months ago). Megan suggested a larger and deeper box. I
was already using the VanNess "large" box, so I bought one of the
extra-large boxes with hoods and discarded the hood. The box is deeper than
the one I was using. That did it! Duffy's tail end was apparently hanging
over the other box and urine would drip to the floor. I haven't had any
problems since.

Of course, all of this presumes that there are no medical problems. It is
always important to first rule out urinary tract infections. I would have
particular concerns in this area since you say she was also peeing in the
cat bed until it was removed (whereas Duffy was simply "missing" the box).

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (Introducing Duffy to Holly)