Old July 27th 03, 11:50 PM
JHBennett

"Sherry " wrote in message
OK, cat people, I ... well actually we, i.e. Mother, the cats, and I,

need
some guidance from the best cat thinkers on the planet.

(snipped)

I know you think your mom is doing the cats a kindess by feeding them; but
think about this. She is simply attracting them to her property, where

they can
continue to breed, and risk exposure to antifreeze poisoning, (one of the

most
horrible deaths you can imagine),) and cause problems to your neighbors.

Please
do the right thing. Trap the remaining cats. Take them for spay/neuter and

find
someone in the country to adopt them, or someone who is willing to spend

time
taming them enough to be house cats. You're just setting them up for

suffering.
Your cats don't have a right to roam all over the neighbor's property.

Your
continued defiance is only going to cause the neighbors to take out their
frustrations *on the cats*.

Sherry

I know you mean well, Sherry, but it ain't your problem and I'm not stupid.
Some of the things you envision are easy--so long as you are not the one
having to find the way to do it. As for the behavior of the neighbor,
poisoning animals is against the law, Sherry. He's killed about a dozen
neighborhood cats, many pets, and a couple of dogs. As far as I'm
concerned, such people are the scum of the earth and, in the absence of the
law taking action, any aggrivation I can cause him is warranted. I'm doing
nothing illegal, he has and continues to do so. When he captures a cat on
the weekend, when the shelter is closed, he takes the animal on a oneway
ride. Think he's turning them lose somewhere, or drowning them? His trap
is rusty, if that helps you figure it out.
Cheers,
Jack