Old June 10th 04, 04:29 PM
Tracy

No Sherry, I described the street as "not busy". I described it as
one-way and not heavily traveled. It was the original poster from
England who described their street as busy.

And I'm really not very worried about FIP. They've interacted over
100+ times with the ten or so cats in the neighborhood and come home
with nary a scratch or a bite. My cats are girls - LOL - they don't
fight - they make peace. The cats on the block are my neighbor's owned
and collared cats. There are two dogs that run around sometimes, but
the cats know them and are friendly with them. (One's a little yappy
black dog not much bigger than them and the other is a mellow Golden
Retriever). Cats do have speed, the ability to jump in the air, a
house to retreat into and sharp claws. They aren't defenseless at all.

Am I taking a risk? Sure. Life's a risk. But in the meantime, I have
two of the happiest cats that I have ever seen (and I volunteer at a
no-kill shelter weekly so I see a lot of cats - mine are profoundly
joyful in their freedom). And as I said, one of my cats desperately
needs the outside. She leaves me no other choice. (And yes, she has
cat trees and perches and a basketful of toys and a companion and none
of that occupies her for more than hour or two - she's bright and
she's easily bored and she desn't and won't sleep her day away).

As worrisome as it is, and I must admit that this group is enough to
give a person nightmares, people are so obsessed with violence towards
cats and disasters, I think it's the best thing for me and my cats.