Old April 19th 05, 10:18 PM
Steve G

kaeli wrote:
(...)

In nature, wild cats eat plenty of protein and as far as I know do

not have
this problem. Does the phosphorus come from the way commercial foods

are
produced?

Bone is high is phosphorous, and high phosphorous is consistent with
meat (meal) that includes relatively more bone. Lean meat is relatively
low in phos (and very low in calcium).

Would a raw (or organic, all natural, etc) diet eliminate this

problem? Can
it be elimated from commercial foods? If so, why the hell isn't it?

If not,
why not?

It has nothing whatsoever to do with 'organic', or 'natural' and diets
of this type can be equally high in phos.

Why is there no (or few) commercial diet that is very low in carbs, and
also has an acceptable level of phos? Cost, I assume.

(...)
In cats, no, it has not been proven (anyone have any data?). In

humans,
excessive carb and sugar consumption DOES cause diabetes and

aggravates
existing pre-diabetes conditions.

I'm not sure a definite causative link has actually been found, has it?
(I'm no expert, mind).

Steve.