Old July 22nd 03, 03:18 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Arjun Ray wrote:
IMHO, they'll do just fine if they're basically healthy to start with.

I think they're healthy now, but we had trouble getting them to start eating
when we first got them. They couldn't have been more than 4 weeks old. Poor
things... supposedly their mom got run over by a car.

If you need to "fatten" the kittens up a bit, you could try a food like
Innova - feeding the adults slightly reduced portions at the same time.

We used to feed Innova, until Xoxo developed struvite crystals. We then chose
food with lower magnesium content. None of the super-premiums (Innova, Felidae,
etc) meet this test, unfortunately.

("Feeding instructions" from manufacturers oftne grossly overstate the
requirements - feed the cat according to how much it will eat, not how
much the labels say.)

We give them plenty of wet food twice a day, plus there's always kibble for
snacking at will.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv