Old October 27th 12, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Thread of Memory and Remembrance

"Yowie" wrote in message
Every year, at about this time, when the veil is thin, we set aside some
time to remember our loved ones who are no longer with us.

Other, related groups, do similar things (RPCC has the Jellicle Ball), but
the RPCA tradition is to list the name of those we wish to remember. It
does not matter whether or not they were 'ours' in a legal sense, nor what
species they were, only that we hold their memory dear.

The traditional format is to list the name of the loved one, (their
species if not a cat in brackets), their house name (that is, the surname
of their family - if it unknown, then "House of Bast" shall do, as they
all belong to Bast as well), RB if they passed away, MIA if they
disappeared, RH if they were rehomed, and a ? if their fate is unknown.
Then follows the year in which they left us (if known), and perhaps a
short sentence of tribute if necessary.

My own Thread of Memory is:

Shmoggleberry, House of Chapman Jr, RB 2007, King of the ******* Cat
Trick; cat of my heart.
Fluffy (D*g), House of Chapman Jr, RB 2010, bestest goggie ever.
Blackie, House of Chapman Sr, MIA & RB by now, first cat.
Snoopy, House of Chapman Sr, RB ~1990, cat of my youth.
Drooling Cat, House of Bast, ? ~1996, friend of train travelers.
Mombala, House of Bast, ? ~2000, An hour's meeting was worth a lifetime.
Shadow, House of Chapman Jr, MIA 2011, looked pampered and prissy, but
could not resist the call of the wild.
Brainy (Budgie), House of Chapman-Nagy, RB 1993, blue terror.
Vomit (Budgie), House of Noon-Chapman-Nagy, RB 1993, died of a broken
heart.
Boris (fish), House of Chapman Jr, RB 1985, big personality in such a
small body. Died from love & ignorance.

All my wonderful dogs especially Pollyanna and Minnie who were my heart
dogs. Kitty Farmcat who chose me to know about cats. The ginger boy who
died in my orchard and the black feral boy who got killed by a car outside
my house. He was a moment away from his one true home.
Mine.