Old January 5th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
unclefred

Default Looking for Friendly TED in Ottawa, Catnada.

First, we'z so glad Stormee still haz herownselves claws.
Second, we can appreshiate da logik uv dat point uv view, but we'z not
shure it's gointa have da overall effect uv makin kitties safer in da long
run. What ifn all TEDs thot da same way. Then effurry TED wud be doin it.
Where wud that leave usses? Ifn da other TEDs that isn't as good know that
da gud TEDs are doin it tuu, then duzn't dat encourages themownselves to
keep doin it, Cus they think that if'n da gud TEDs are doin it, then it
can't be tuu bad.
We think we need mor TEDS refusin and lettin uffer TEDs know that they
disapprove and refuse, and why. It sets an example. We think we needs
more uv our hoomans raisin da ishu wif TEDs effurrywayer. We think they
need to read about da Island of Doctor Moreau. Dat's what we think.

Diana, Ryan & Cinnamon,... and our Hooman Fred.

Stormmee wrote:

owr soft talked to owr ted abowt diz anna da ted sayed sumfin dat made sum
senze, hersef duzint likta doit, butted hersef sayed dat ifin hersef
refuzes den some ofur ted who izunt az gud anna iz juzt der fur da money
willz doit anna hurta kitty efin more, so ifin hersef kan't hep da kitty'z
hooman see how to not doit hersef willz, Stormmee, who almozt had herz
klawz remofed kuz da new ted heper marked da wrong box,
unclefred wrote in message
Timmie's Mommy wrote:

unclefred wrote:
Hi Kitties,
We are looking for a TED in Ottawa, Ontario, Catnada (or

nearby)
that is
cat friendly and never declaws. Duz enny kitty know of one? You may
reply by email or here on our group.

--
Regards,
Fred Williams

Wen da meowmie livved in Ottawa a millyun yeers ago, she usta take Bert
(RB) and Annymo(RB) to da Alta Vista Animal Clinic on Bank St near
Walkley Rd. Dat wuz a looooooooooong time ago, but her sed dat da TEDs
dere wuz furry good. (as if a TED cood be furry good)

Momnote- I lived in Ottawa in the 80s, and was blessed with two kittens
that were part wildcat of some sort. I used the Alta Vista Animal
Clinic, and found them to have a very caring, good staff. I'm sure
some, if not all of them have changed by now, but if the clinic is
still there, I'd try them out. I can't say what their declaw policies
are/were, because I don't believe in it myself, so never asked. For
what it's worth, I've lived all across Catnada, and all of the vets
I've encountered are strongly against declawing.

Timmie anna Meowmie

I have asked in a couple of places and the TEDs there have said

they will
declaw. Naturally I won't go back to those places, if I can find one who
doesn't. In Quebec where I used to live it was impossible to find a vet
that didn't declaw. They all do it and some even canvas you to declaw

your
cat when you take it in for other services. The truly are TEDs!
I'll check out the Alta Vista AC. If anyone has any other

rcommendations,
I'd be happy to hear them, especially any further west than Bank St. I
sometime go into a clinic and ask if they declaw cats, not letting on
that
I am against it. If they say yes, then I politely state that I am
looking for a vet that will refuse to do it, and I walk out.

--
Regards,
Fred Williams

--