Old April 19th 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

Default Got that wrong: (WAS Disturbing News)

On Apr 19, 8:07*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
.. *The
girls are outside. *He claims they were more "destructive". *

I'm crying for Chloe and Miss Pua. They;ve probably been through a
lot anyway when Kili was in hospital they would have probably been
submitted to varous family members coming in to feed them and little
more. I know when Dave was first in hospital I neglected the cats- I
didn't chuck them out, they had food, water and clean litter but for
about the first week or so I had so much to do that they were lucky to
get an occasional skritchie. In the end even through I was tired I
quite deliberately made time to play with them, brush them, talk to
them but even so I was going out in the morning, leaving them alone
all day (Whereas normally they'd have Dave for company) etc and I felt
bad about it.

But Kili's cats have had it worse- at least the girls knew me but who
knows when those poor cats were getting fed and who by, I can't say I
blame him for being with Kili but the change of routine must have
upset them..

And then Kili didn't come home...I remember Kili calling Miss Pua her
little shadow. Cats pick up on atmosphere and it can't have been a
happy one and when cats are unhappy they can get "destructive" it's
not malice it's their way of expressing unhappiness so what does he
do?

Chucks them outside...it breaks my heart to think of them hoping Kili
will come back and things will be happy and good for them again if I
was over there since he plainly doesn't seem to want them around I'd
ask to take them- okay it's another disruption and they'd have to muck
in with my two and they'd probably express their unhappiness by being
"destructive" but at least they'd be indoors Poor Miss Pua was a stray
wasn't she? She must be wondering what she did wrong having been put
back pretty much where she started from

If Alan doesn't want them perhaps someone here could offer them a home
I am pretty sure if Kili knew he was going to do this she would have
made other arrangements for them

I just can't believe someone could that to the cats Kili loved so much

And Jill don't be hard on yourself- if they need vet attention the
fact there's some money to cover it may be the only way they get it!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs