Old January 8th 04, 11:27 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Charles" wrote in message
snip
I am just praying that one morning
I will wake up and the lump will be gone.

FWIW, I also found a lump on my cat a few weeks after she had been
vaccinated. I took her back to the vet and he said it wasn't an unusual
occurrence, but that I should watch it just in case. It took a few more
weeks, but the lump did disappear and has not reappeared since (I still
check for lumps every so often, just in case). And as a human, I get
vaccine-related lumps, too :-)! (I bruise and scar easily.)

From what I read, 1 in 5000 cats are affected--seems like a lot but as a
percentage, it's .0002%. And, from
http://littlezoo.com/data/vet/Common...he%20Cat .htm
"VAS may develop from 3 months to 3 years after vaccination" so 6 weeks is a
bit early for the sarcoma to have developed (if you believe the site
quoted). I think you were wise to bring her in to the vet, and you should
keep your eye on the lump, but you don't need to worry for now. She has a
very good chance of *not* getting a vaccine-related sarcoma.

Good luck, and let us know how she's doing!

rona