Old January 9th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lorraine

Default [OT] Hypnosis Anyone?

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:19:48 +0200, "Christine K."
wrote:

My mom "started smoking" by putting into a jar the then equivalent sum
of one packet of smokes a day. After some time she deposited it on her
bank account. Can't remember for how long she kept it up, but it turned
out to be an easy way to save a fair amount of money...

A former co-worker made a sweet deal (for her) with her husband. He
paid her what she would have spent smoking every month. So as the price
of cigarettes went up, he paid her more each month for not smoking. I
really don't know if he is still paying her, as things in their life
have changed a lot lately, but I do know she got at least two trips to
Italy out of the deal over the years.

I wish I would have put away the money I would have spent on cigarettes.
I'd be up to $83K by now. That's using $3 a pack, and I'm not sure one
can buy a pack for $3 any more.

L.