Old July 1st 03, 08:49 AM
*~*SooZy*~*

"Joe" wrote in message
"P.D." wrote:

I tried to train my cats, and they are just stubborn,

Cats need to use their claws.

Lean a carpet wrapped 2x4 against something and put their dry food at the
top of the climb. Let them know the food is up there. Then you have
solved the stubborn problem, they have to eat. Conceivably, there is a
point at which the climb can be made long enough so that they will be too
tired to scratch anything else. In any case, the perpetual climbing
constantly reminds them that the carpet wrapped 2x4s are great for
scratching. My cats quickly figure out they are for scratching,
really sinking their claws into, and having fun. You might have to adjust
for a weaker cat.

Good luck.

Out.

LShaping

that's a brilliant idea, good thinking :-)