Old October 1st 04, 03:10 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...
Mary said "thats disgusting".

Possibly.

It IS how large animals, cattle, sheep, pigs, and horses are usually put
down. I have seen cattle put down this way, and the gun was put to
their head, fired, and they instantly dropped, dead. From start to
finish, the whole thing was over in a couple of seconds. So.....?

Actually, this sounds a lot more humane than the old cut the throat and let
them drip-dry method of slaughtering food animals.

As for pets, well, it sounds better (and less messy) than the Old Yeller way
of dying, too, but I think I'll stick to letting the vet do it with the usual
cocktail.
I couldn't kill my own pet, no matter how bad it was suffering. I just
couldn't.

~kaeli~
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace