Old April 15th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stacey Weinberger

Default Liver

Hi,

My cat Julian started throwing up late Wednesday afternoon and got very
lethargic. He's gotten upset stomachs before. Thursday he wasn't better
and I started giving him water by an eye dropper. He had stopped throwing
up. Friday I took him to the vet to check for blockages. The vet found
none and gave him sub-q fluids, saying if he wasn't better to bring him back
today. And to give him some chicken broth. He threw up liquid this morning
at 6:30 so I took him back to the vet. The x-rays showed nothing but the
blood work showed his liver values were 194. They were 81 in September. I
forgot to ask how bad this might be. Julian got more sub-q fluids and a
prescription of SAMe. The vet said if he didn't start eating by Monday to
bring him back in for an IV.

Julian hasn't thrown up any more but he is still lethargic. I'm worried
that he is dying. Does anyone know what a liver value of 194 means? Does a
cat have a chance of recovering from that? This vet is very good and I
trust him. If Julian were very bad off he would have kept him there.

Thanks,

Stacey

--

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.

-- Emerson