Old January 26th 13, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Can cats be embarrassed?

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message

Which was fairly brave since there was a cat in there that would match
him
blow for blow;-)

I've seen videos of cats slapping at their image in a mirror. Or jumping
away from it. Persia is odd. She has never paid attention to her own
image. She used to jump up on the sink in the bathroom and drink out of
the tap. There was a mirror right there and she just sort of looked at
herself and shrugged.

Most cats and dogs are not able to see an image of themselves in a mirror or
see TV. ~Boyfie can see himself in a mirror but he doesn't watch TV.
Daisy (whippet) watched TV all the time. Her best was polar bears but any
bear would do. After bears it was wolves. she could hardly look at a wolf
without barking at it so I know she saw it.
She was the only dog I ever had that seemed to see TV images.
She was fascinated by bears on the telly and wolves.