Old January 28th 13, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Can cats be embarrassed?

Takayuki" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 03:42:26 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Boyfie knows very well that the only place he is not allowed is my
bedroom.
He snuck in there today and nearly jumped out of skin when I found him in
there looking around.
He rushed back down the stairs.

Kitties are very contextual too. Buster likes being pet in some rooms, but
not in others.

I do think that cats can feel somewhat guilty. Buster gets this coy look,
glancing over his shoulder, when he thinks that he might be doing
something
"bad". The girls, Dot and Spicey, are more likely to brazen out any
situation though.

Definitely about contextual kitties. Waffles loves to have me skritch his
ears if he comes on my lap, or if he comes to me when I'm in bed. However,
I have a scratch on my wrist to remind me that, no matter how cute and
pettable he looks, when he's lying on the couch, I am *not* to try.

Joy