Old August 10th 15, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Horizontal scratcher

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Buffy has finally taken to scratching it. It only took her three months
to decide.

The last few days she's been using the horizonal cat scratcher and it does
help her nails stay trimmed. She's got some sharp little claws! Ouch!
She does let me clip them but I have to sort of sneak up on her. In
between it's nice that she's using the cat scratcher. Thanks for
suggesting it, Winnie!

Jill

I'm glad Buffy has finally decided to use it!
It's gratifying when they use something you've bought for them.
Never had much luck with Boyfie appreciation :-(
Boxes to jump in and out of? No. Cat tree with string wound round on it
to scratch? No, I prefer scratching the trunks of trees in the garden.
Toys? Nope. The only toy he ever showed an interest in looked like a real
mouse, but the minute he clawed it to pick it up, he realised it was not
real and never bothered with it again.

I'd love to get him something that he likes but I don't know what that might
be.
I'd like him to have more fun, but he hasn't ever seemed to want it. He is
a dignified and earnest cat.