Old August 11th 15, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Horizontal scratcher

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message

I don't think a mouse would last long in my house with Buffy around.

Probably not.

Persia was afraid of mice. I remember one time when she walked towards
the kitchen and halted in her tracks. I heard her squeak in surprise. I
went to see what was up and there was a dead mouse on the floor. She
refused to enter the kitchen until I disposed of it.

That's really interesting. Why do you think this was?

I have no idea. I just know she made a squeaking sound and refused to
enter the kitchen. She wouldn't go into it until I got rid of the dead
mouse.
I wouldn't know what to suggest. Not that it was expensive but I'm glad I
didn't waste money on the horizontal scratcher. It helps keep her claws
trimmed. She's got some sharp nails!

I'd like him to have more fun, but he hasn't ever seemed to want it. He
is a dignified and earnest cat.

I suspect he has lots of fun when he goes outside.

Jill

I think he probably gets the opportunity to do what cats need to do to
satisfy their playing instincts when he goes outside. Even though he's been
not quite so well recently, he still goes out about 5 times/ day. I'd love
to have a camera on his collar to see where he goes and what he gets up to.

That would be fun, I'm sure!

Jill