Old July 21st 03, 12:56 PM
Iain & Deb

In article ,
pam says...

If this were my cat, I would call your sister and set an appt to administer the
shot at home. I would make the best meal in the world for your little kitty,
even things that are bad for her like tuna in oil and fancy feast. I'd let her
eat, I'd pet her all she likes then when she has her after meal nap, I'd give
her the shot to let her die mercifcully with dignity. If you let her get worse,
she and you will feel bad and have horrible last memories. If I'd known about
my cat's horrible cancer, I would have made him a great meal a few days before
he showed any signs. I would have played with him all he wanted, pet him...then
let him go to sleep while he was feeling good and happy. My prayers are with
you both.

I agree totally; hard as it is to make that final decision, it's
comforting later to remember that you did all you could to make their
last moments comfortable. We had to PTS our 13-year old dog 1 1/2 weeks
ago, and for his last days he had all his favorite stuff to eat and lots
of attention. Although my husband did take him to the vet's office for
the end, this wasn't an issue, as he loved the car and actually enjoyed
going to the vet.

My thoughts are with you, David.

Deb