Old May 18th 04, 07:13 AM
Yowie

Default Been lurking...

"Stacey" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all! I've been lurking for a while, can't keep up with y'all!

snippity

Yowie, that little guy is just soooooo dang cute. And now I've seen so

much
more of Joel than I ever dreamed. His tats are awesome, I love the

color...
sometimes tats can be so, so.. monochrome! How are you feeling? Getting

into
the swing of things yet?

Um, hope you didn't see *too* much of Joel, Ihad a look at the photos and
couldn't see anything R-rated, but, um, since I see him sorta as just "Joel"
I may have overlooked his, err, "attributes"!

Otherwise I think things are going as well as expected with a 6 week old
baby. He has good days and bad days (yesterday was a *bad* day). Joel and I
take "shifts" at making sure he's OK. I go to bed at 8pm, waking up only for
feeds, and Joel stays up until about 4am, and which point he goes to bed and
I take over again until Joel wakes up at around midday. The major thing we
are trying to do is teach Cary to sleep during the night... no success yet,
although he tends to go longer between feeds at night time than during the
day so maybe we are getting there after all. We've managed to go shopping,
visit friends, go to a wedding (although not to the reception) and even go
out to a restaurant with him in tow, so I guess we are going OK, have even
managed to breast feed in public once, much to the wide-eyed stares of an
older gentleman, although I don't know whether he was outraged or ogling.
Cary's also putting on weight and getting longer, so I guess we're doing
something good.

And he's also started smiling, which makes every sleepless night,
ear-peircing cry, mind bogglingly full nappies (diapers) and all those
stitches absolutely worth it. Joel and I are just head over heels in love
with the little tyke!

Yowie