Old March 14th 11, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chaniarts

Default Cooking for cats with diarrhea

KenK wrote:
Unfotunately this canned Wellness evidently has no fiber so I have to
add Benefiber to one meal and canned pumkin to another to reduce the
number of hairballs. A PITA!

tip: at halloween time, buy a leftover pumpkin. i find that the day of
halloween or the day after, they're really cheap, or free. i got one for $1
this year. cut into chunks and bake in a flat pan with water inthe bottom in
the oven until soft (about 45 minutes). scrape the insides into a bowl,
puree in a food processor. i was able to get the equivalent of 12 large cans
out of one medium sized pumpkin that i stored in my freezer.

i have trouble keeping my wife from using the stash to make pies, to my
waist's detriment.