Old May 25th 05, 12:27 AM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Pat wrote:
BIK Beatrice, whose smurgling on my earlobe keeps me from falling asleep
every night until I lock her out of the bedroom, has been caught in the act
of eating DRY kibble from the 'big cats' dish'. What I don't get is why, if
she's capable of eating dry kibbles, she still has to seek milk from my
ears. And not just while I am laying down - it can and does happen
throughout the day, anytime I am sitting down. She climbs up onto my
shoulder at every opportunity to suck my earlobe. Each time she does it I
place her down in front of a bowl of wet food. She'll eat a few bites, then
climb right back up onto my shoulder....

Ranger does this too. I think it's more of an instinctive comfort thing
than an actual attempt to find milk. Ranger will try to suck on my
eyelids and earlobes. One night I allowed her to suck on my eyelid for a
few minutes; the next morning I had a kitten-hickey on my eyelid!

Now I stick a finger in front of her when she starts in on an earlobe or
eyelid, and she gets sidetracked into sucking on the end of a finger.