Old May 30th 12, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default A Cat on a Bicycle!

On Mon, 28 May 2012 14:58:37 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
A harness and a tightly held leash - he DID "jump out" on occasion, and
dangled from the handlebars until I could replace him in the basket. He
started life as a feral kitten who wandered into my summer camp one day
and was fed on leftovers - potato salad, spanish rice, etc. - by the
kitchen staff, until I took him home at the end of the session. (Despite
my mother's written "Don't you DARE bring that cat home!")

Perhaps he didn't have such a bad life after all. My mother had just
remarried - a man with two boys - and the human adjustments to the
change in our households were not easy. Peter came in for a lot of
cuddles because all three of us kids would pick him up to tell our
troubles to.

It sounds like he was willing to tolerate a lot, if it was for family that
loved him and meant well.