Old November 10th 16, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Get your latest Marlo update here...

On 11/10/2016 2:19 AM, Joy wrote:
On 11/9/2016 8:48 PM, dgk wrote:
Marlo has been going out on the patio at Mom's house lately. When I
first took her off the street (10 years ago), she wouldn't leave the
house even when the other cats went into the (fenced in) backyard. She
liked it inside altough she did finally start going out. But Mom has
this big screened patio and after living at the house for a few weeks
she decided that she liked going into it.

The other day she spent the night there. Mom went out to take out the
garbage and didn't notice that Marlo followed her out. She doesn't
always sleep with Mom so her disappearance wasn't noted until Mom woke
up without Marlo's help, and then Mom went to look for her. She had
been outside all night and seemed perfectly happy with that. But Mom
learned her lesson and Marlo will spend nights inside for now on.

We went to the vet today. Even though Mom and I continue to feed her
lots of stuff from the table in addition to her prescription food,
she's down to about 10.5 lbs. That's really good - at her last vet
visit a month ago she ws 12 lbs and she started her diet at around 15.
Plus, the fur on her abdomen is really filling in, so it appears that
everything is going well. We also exercise her quite a bit with
various string toys.

That's the update.

That's really good news! Taking her to your Mom's was obviously the
right move.

I agree. Marlo and mom seem to like the arrangement, too.

Jill