Old May 23rd 04, 11:09 PM
Wendy

"JoJo" wrote in message
Wendy,

You should be able to use Neosporin or A&D ointment (for diaper rash -

it's
safe, just petroleum jelly (vaselin) with vitamins A&D added).

Did the vet check for worms? That could be what is causing the runs -
typical worms are round or hook. However they may have coccidia which is
sometimes very hard to identify. If they are old enough start worming

them
for round and hook worms. If the diarrhea continues take another sample

the vets and have them specifically check for coccidia.

JoJo

I asked about worming them but the vet said they were too young. I think the
sulfadimet was to treat coccidia if the diarrhea didn't stop or their was
any blood on the stool.

Knock on wood I think they might be over the runs. They haven't squirted
since 5:30 this morning and they are all eating pretty well. I did a web
search and found where they recommended diluting the formula for a few
feedings. I started that last night. If they go through till tomorrow
morning with no diarrhea I'll gradually cut back on the extra water. I'm not
too worried at this point as they are all eating and are playing and quite
active.