Old August 18th 04, 01:49 PM
Singh

I didn't believe it until I saw the tributes on Food Network. (also
couldn't hit this link. My ISP was having hormonal issues.)

Julia was the original Iron Chef, and I don't mean living to 91. She
broke a stereotype. Women were to cook middle of the road, mundane
things in their home kitchens; Julia was the First Lady of the great
chefs. You know what I mean; you know how everyone says that the finest
chefs of the world are all men. Julia gave that nonsense a raspberry,
served cheerfully with Creme Anglaise, and took us beyond cobbler aprons
and meatloaf.

Heaven's kitchen must smell great right now...

Blessed be,

Baha

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html