Old March 30th 15, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Would you tell a lie to save a cat?

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 15:47:23 -0700, Joy wrote:

On 3/29/2015 11:45 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
On 3/25/2015 12:49 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

I would not want to rent. It means you cannot do what you want.

In the U.S., if you have the misfortune of OWNING where there is a
Homeowners Association, you can't either! Many of them began because a
development had common areas - like swimming pools - that required
maintenance. Unfortunately some HOA members have a power complex - they
want to impose their notions on everyone else. (They seem to be very
prevalent in Arizona, where even if you own a good sized piece of
property, you cannot do what you want - meaning planting trees and
landscaping according to your own tastes.)

There was a court case here in California last year (or maybe the year
before) because a HOA told one of the homeowners he couldn't fly his
American flag because his flagpole was too high to met HOA regulations. He
won the case, but most people just give in, or move.

You give up too easily.

That's an unfair and untrue blanket statement. I would never live in an
area with an HOA. People who do are likely to be the kind who give up
too easily. They are by far in the minority. In case you didn't know
it, Americans are always suing over infringements to their rights.

We give up lots of rights all the time. I gave up trying to drive on
the left side of the road here in the US. Like I said in another post,
there was really nothing in my HOA rules that didn't make sense.