Old January 4th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Chris[_4_]

Default cat with high cholesterol

Yes, I told the doctor what I feed her. She did not disapprove of the baby
food, just said to make sure she gets some canned and dry cat food as well.
As I said, she gets a 1/2 jar of baby food (which is a pretty small amount
if you know how tiny the jars are) and the rest is canned and dry food for
her day. The doctor agreed it is much more important for her to eat (no
matter what that is) than for her not to eat at all (which Angie will do if
she doesn't get something she likes).

She does eat a lot of dry cat food, just at night she will eat 1/2 a cup,
maybe I can go to a senior one (I think they are lower in calorie) and see
if that helps reduce her weight some.

And to the other poster, you are so incorrect. Cholesterol doesn't have to
be control by medication alone, it is not hereditary. It can be reduced by
diet, lowering fats and losing weight.