Old March 22nd 04, 01:55 AM
Wendy

"MaryL." wrote in message
m...
The answer should be obvious. The cat needs to see a vet ASAP. So what
if money is tight. Did it occur to you that sitting on your butt and
watching your cat deteriorate could result in higher vet bills????
Sheesh, if this was a child exhibiting these symptoms you could be cited
for neglect for waiting so long and doing nothing. I have no patience
anymore for people like you that already know what the *right* answer to
their question is, but in the name of saving a few dollars will let
their cat suffer. Take your cat to the vet.

Now I honestly regret posting here, looking for advice. The very fact
that I did should show that I am concerned about things. What else is
this board for, then? If I wanted to trade cute cuddly wuddly cat
stories, I would have gone to a board such as that, rather than one
about cat health. And it goes a bit further monetarily than "saving a
few dollars" so I can go get that new coat or something...I'm talking
about not being able to make house payments anymore because I was laid
off due to the state's budget mess. Granted, not an excuse, but when
you are frantically trying to get enough money together to make house
payments and are eating one meal a day because you cannot spend so
much as $5.00 for lunch, things are not so simple as you might think.
I have taken cats to the vet so many times for this or that, only to
be told, "Oh, that'll just take time," or "there is no way to really
tell, so let's just wait and see," or be given medicine that does no
good whatsoever. More than once I have had vets tell me that they
really have no idea what it could be, now please fork over $100 for
the visit and the exam, thank you very much.

I came here looking for constructive advice, similar experiences, and
some clue as to what the source could conceivably be, not to be ripped
on because I did give a damn. I guess I misconceived what this board
is for. And please do not flame "my" email...I am using someone
else's account to post this, and it would not be fair to her to get
slammed for my misconceptions.

The frequency and the color of the vomit would concern me. Try calling the
vet and explaining your situation and see if they can work something out.