Old April 14th 04, 07:54 AM
Gee

"Sheena Weston" wrote in message
Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women, where
dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course, there are
always exceptions.

--
Sheena

I wonder who gave you that idea? I love them both equally. In fact, I was
told women prefer dogs because of their loyalty and unconditional love(so
generally what they don;t get from men) while men prefer cats and their
indipendence and aloofness (generally what they don;t get from women).

But let;s see if the logic can be found in your question:

Women work harder and have busy lives what will the day job, kids, house
chores, cooking, cleaning, ironing etc. We need rest. Cats don;t need much
looking after. They are easy to look after, unlike children,dogs and male
partners.

Dogs need much more attention, so since men mostly don;t do half of the
things women do,and have much more energy left at the end of the day, they
have more time/energy to dedicate to a dog. Plus men like physical
acitivities more, such as running around after a ball and playing games so
are ideal dog owners.

Just my 2 cents.
Gee