Old April 14th 04, 08:36 PM
L David Matheny

"Gee" wrote in message news:8d5fc.11$GW5.0@newsfe1-win...

"Sheena Weston" wrote in message
Why is it that cats generally make better pets for women,
where dogs usually make better pets for men? Of course,
there are always exceptions.

I wonder who gave you that idea? I love them both equally. In
fact, I was told women prefer dogs because of their loyalty and
unconditional love (so generally what they don't get from men)
while men prefer cats and their independence and aloofness
(generally what they don't get from women).

snip

Huh?? I've always thought that men understand dogs precisely
because they tend to share traits such as loyalty and unconditional
love, while women can identify more with cats because they share
aloofness and fickleness (which they prefer to call independence).