Old October 31st 05, 06:15 PM
~^Johnny^~

Default Trixie RB (1995-2005)

[SPOILER] -sad-

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 01:17:42 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"~^Johnny^~" wrote in message
news
She was 10 years old, and died from
complications of asthma.

Johnny, she was so lovely. I am sorry you had to lose her.
If you would be so kind, could you tell me what sort of complications from
asthma she had? My cat has it, and it worries me. (If you would prefer to
answer via email this one works.) Thank you.

You just gotta be ready. Hope for the best, and expect the worst.
I know it sounds ironic, and perhaps crazy, but...

She went so fast, I'm not sure. I know two of the complications were
probably pneumonia and congestive heart failure, judging by the
symptoms and their rapid onset, but it happened so quickly, I
couldn't even get her into an emergency vet. (I live in a rural town,
close to a small town that is semi-rural, and horses seem to take
priority in this county).

It was Sunday afternoon, and the vet could see us Monday. But there
was nothing I could do... I knew she was slipping away. DW did
manage to get home in time, to see Trixie alive. Trixie hung on long
enough to say goodbye. For this, I am grateful.

Since Trixie was adopted as an adult, and was never litterbox trained
as a kitten, she wanted to be let outside, as usual, so DW let her
out. She ran off, as usual, as if to "do her thing". Later, DW
went to let her in, but she wasn't in her usual spot on the porch.
She said: "don't worry, I'll find her", and went out calling her.

Within minutes, from outside the kitchen window, I hear DW scream:
"Oh, my God! John, please come out here! She's gone!"

She had curled up in the water heater shed of the house next door, to
die. She didn't want to die in front of us. Some cats are like that.

We buried her that evening in the back yard.
Next morning, DW got to call the vet and cancel the appointment.
It was just too difficult for me to do, at the time.

;`(

Trixie is survived by her four gregarious step-siblings:
Nelda, Sisko, Boudicca, and Trisha.

Oddly enough, Trixie was not part of the clan. She was rather put
out by the other four. She was pretty much a loner. I think a
previous owner might had abused her. ;`(

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries
of life: music and cats." -Albert Schweitzer
~~~~~~~~