Old July 14th 11, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default OT - Can't Win for Losing

"CatNipped" wrote in message
It seems fate just can't get enough of piling on the pain. We had to go
to 2 doctor's appointments today - Ben's (and my) cardiologist and my
nutritionist. I wanted to stop and get a sno-cone to drink/eat on the way
there and Ben was rushing me to get out of the house. Since Ben finds it
almost impossible to get rid of *anything*, even a car that hasn't run in
the past 5 years, he has it parked horizontally in the back of our
driveway with a huge tarp over it. As I was rushing, greedily, out to the
(hated) truck, I tripped over the corner of the tarp (not the first time
it tripped me up - so it was totally my fault even though I got mad at Ben
for still having that junker parked there), I tripped, took two steps (and
this is *totally* new to me - I used to be a dancer FGS) and I couldn't
regain my balance and pitched forward onto the concrete drive. I was
present of mind enough to not try to break my fall with my hands (that's
how I broke my wrist that started the whole RSD thing), so I put my
forearms in front of me to break my fall. Well, I "skidded" about 2 feet
because of forward momentum. The concrete worked like a cheese grater and
took off all the skin from both my forearms from wrists to elbows.

I haven't felt such "immediate" pain since I broke my wrist. Even worse
was that we were still in a rush just to make the appointments (we gave up
on the sno-cones - the best in Houston) and we rushed to just pour some
peroxide on my arms and put some large bandages (handily here for my wound
dressing every day) over my bleeding arms so I wouldn't bleed over
everything. I was hoping that one of the nurses would look at my arms and
give me some first aid - no such luck, my insurance won't pay for two
visits to the same doctor on the same day - plus they didn't have an
"opening"???!!! until 2 hours after my nutritionist appointment. So by the
time I got home - both doctors were running late, as usual - and we had to
stop at the drugstore and the grocery, and we got the much regretted
sno-cones, the bandages were plastered to my wounds like I had super-glued
them on. Even soaking them in warm water didn't get them loose - I had to
peel them off and start the bleeding up all over again - and the pain from
that was worse than the pain of the original fall (I didn't have the
adrenaline rush that I did then). On top of that I found that I had
really banged up my right knee (the one that's had *two* surgeries on it
already). So, I daren't even hint at the question of what else can happen
to me, for surely the universe will *show* me, painfully, what else can
happen.

Oh, and because I had all my jewelry in my hands, to put on in the truck,
I ended up losing my watch and breaking my prescription glasses.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

(((((((CatNipped))))))))

I just finished reading a book about a woman who thought she was cursed,
because things kept going wrong for her. She had nothing on you.

Joy