Old November 1st 03, 06:07 PM
Mary

"Kevin M Hejna" wrote in message
. ..
Isthere anyway to train a 'grabby' cat? By that I mean, she will

reach out
and 'grab' you with her claws when for example you pet her and then

pull
your hand away.

Every time she does it, plunk her offending paw. Do you know how to
plunk?

Make a circle with your thumb and forefinger and flick. I think it is
impossible
to do this hard enough to hurt, but if you can be careful, just give
her a startling
kind of "plunk." They hate this, and it works to teach them to keep
their
claws retracted when doing whatever it is they are doing when you
plunk them.

(My dad used to sneak up on us and do this to our heads. I didn't like
it either.)