Old November 20th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!

Adrian A wrote:

Happy belated purrday, Lesley, welcome to the over 50's club. Sorry to hear
your birthday was just as expected. You'll probaly soon start reading SAGA
magazine. ;o)

Ah yes - in the US, we have AARP (American Assoc. of Retired People, or
Persons, whatever). It is so much more than a magazine, although you do
get a magazine when you join. But they are very aggressive about getting
people signed up - about 2 days after I turned 50, I started getting
solicitations for membership. And I continue to get them, 3 years later.
They push *very* hard to get you as a member, which makes me sort of
suspicious. (Not difficult to do - I'm suspicious by nature.) I don't
really understand why they have to push so hard - the vast majority of
the US Baby Boom is over 50 now, so they must have their share of members!
Why do they need to try so hard to get more?

Joyce