Old August 11th 03, 03:49 PM
Sherry

I've been developing a theory that, so far, has worked for me. The
process works like this:
1. Lie down in your recliner.
2. Call your cat and have it jump up on you
3. Get the cat purring
4. Hold the purring cat close to your chest.
The theory is that a cat's purring is at a frequency at which the
vibrations will break up clots in the heart's arteries. Sustain for
at least five minutes and repeat daily with at least one therapy
session a day.

Like all good doctors, lawyers, and TV ads, I must warn you that this
is most effective when combined with weight loss and exercise. Side
effects may include shedding on your clothing. G

Now I'm starting to examine the effect on the carotid arteries caused
by my cat kneading my neck during the purr therapy sessions.

Cheers,
Jerry
--
My cat and I are very much alike: we're both gray, we're both fat,
and we both dig in his litter box.

[...]

Well, I've certainly heard wackier theories!
Don't forget to add, it's been suggested that stroking a purring cat lowers
blood pressure.
Sherry