Old May 27th 05, 04:42 PM
Janet

The last time one of our kitties - who had bad reaction in the past - needed
his shots, we dropped him off in the morning, the vet gave him a benadryl
shot and then his other vaccines and monitored him for the day. They were
great in that they didn't charge for the day's boarding (they were more
concerned with watching any reactions), so try to negotiate that.
Now, my other cats have never had any problems....you never know how the cat
will react.
I would definitely follow up with the 2nd shot.

"Karen" wrote in message
Sugar has bad reactions to vaccines, so this time, my vet gave her an
anti-inflamatory shot with her rabies (we do as few vaccines as possible
now. We only do rabies as it is required by law so if the Anti inflamatory
hadn't helped we wouldn't even do rabies anymore) It made a huge

difference.
This is the first time she has ever acted completely normal after shots

and
had no "down time".

"Alex" wrote in message
As a sequel to my post yesterday:

Khamun is much better this morning, eating and happier, but still quiet.
Sure he'll be fine later today - he's booked in for the second shot in a

few
weeks, I'll raise this with the vet but I suppose 24 hours of feeling

rough
is better than feline leukaemia etc. My fiancee was quite annoyed that

the
vet didn't raise the possibility of side effects.

I wonder if the second combination shot will not have such a bad effect

on
him, as I assume this one (his first ever) will really have shaken up

his
immunity system but now the vaccine is in his system the second one

won't
do
as much 'damage' - any views on that?

Someone mentioned not having the second shot, or not having a

combination
one as it seems to have had a bad reaction on him. What does the second
shot do?

Thanks for your comments and reassurance below.