Old June 24th 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
S.Smith

Default PLEASE HELP SHELTER

"Stormmee" wrote in message
to tell you the truth both shelters i deal with are having a hard time,
and i feel that is where what money/time i have to spare should go, soft
"Granby" wrote in message
Not wanting to sound mean or non caring but, the shelters in all our
areas are having a hard time right now. With donations down, we
understand the problem you are talking about.
"S.Smith" wrote in message
Please go to http://www.wfaa.com
There is an animal shelter in Tool, TX that is running out of money and
food. wfaa ch. 8 in Dallas has done a story about the shelter. The
story
should still be on the web site and there is contact info. for the
shelter.
In case you miss it, here it is. Phone no. 903-432-3422. Address is
10200
County Road, Tool, TX 75143. There is a web site: The Humane Society
of
Cedar Creek Lake that can take donations http://www.hscd.org. Tool is a
tiny town SE from Dallas. It seems to be a very rural area and the
shelter
serves several small towns. I wish I could do more, but I am sending
out
this story to as many people as I can. I know we all have to cut back
now
and I am included in that. I will send them what I can. I am sure no
matter how small the donation, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Shirley/Petey and Paloma's Mom

I do understand the wide spread needs. The area is very rural (like many
others) and I was hoping that readers in TX would respond. The news last
night (Mon) did show that many have delivered bags of pet food to the
shelter. These ng's are read all over the world and I would hope that if
one cannot help out with this request, that they would look to their local
shelters to give some help.
Petey and Paloma's Mom