Old October 7th 12, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default coconut safe for dogs & cats?

wrote:
I give both my cats & dogs coconut milk & oil. They love it!! I add
some plain canned pumpkin in & that's their treat. My animals are
very healthy & have beautiful coats.
I rescued a barn kitten that was accidentally stepped on by my horse
by giving it warm coconut milk & coconut water. No one expected it to
live, not even me. But I had read about coconut water being a life
saving tool & tried it. To my surprise she went from horrific trauma
& next to no life to alert & hopeful within the first 24 hours. And
within a week she was feeding herself & playing. I raised her on
Goats milk & with coconut milk mixed in. She is almost a year old &
healthy as a "horse". =•]
I also switched to drinking only coconut milk. My hair & skin have
never been healthier. And I use coconut oil & grape seed oil for my
face & skin conditioner.
And the coconut oil is used in our barn & house. All the animals are
crazy for it.
Coconut products have truly been miraculous for us. I have one dog I
have to watch because He will drink his coconut milk too fast & try
to drink someone else's too. He will get sick if he does this. So He
is supervised.
I was told Vets are starting to recommend coconut milk for puppies.
Our litter of puppies enjoyed it 2x a day. They are very healthy &
never had any health issues.
And I have not tried it but told actual coconuts are great treats
for dogs. They enjoy eating the meat & it is healthy for their teeth
to chew on the shell.
Hope that helps. =•)

What is your source of coconut milk? Is it very expensive? And how does it
mix with oil? Do you use olive oil? What ratio of milk to oil do you
recommend? As I remember, coconut milk was mostly water. At least, it had
the consistency of water.....