Old June 17th 05, 04:57 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:51:54 -0500, "Karen"
yodeled:

I do have a funny story from when I was little and had indoor outdoor cats.
We had a cat who caught her first mouse and laid it on the doorstep. My dad
threw it in the garbage bin. The next day, the SAME mouse was back. He
tossed it again. Finally the third day she dug it out of the garbage bin and
put it on the step, my dad lavished praise on her and told her what a good
kitty she was. It stayed in the garbage after that. She was prone to
bringing home anything that fell off a neighborhood laundry line. It was our
kids job to go around the block knocking on doors asking if this was YOUR
bathing suit or underwear or what have you. Newspaper too. Anything blowing
around. She actually brought home more of that stuff than "prey". Her name
was Wink.

Stinky is a late-blooming hunter-- he caught his first mouse at age
12-- but he has become quite proficient. At catching them, as I've
frequently reported here. Not so good at finishing them off. I've
never got the sense he thinks he is supposed to *kill* them-- he just
thinks they are the coolest cat toy.

Theresa