Old June 18th 05, 07:37 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:49:25 +0100, "Mognusticat"
wrote:

Hi,

When I first subscribed to this group, I expected it to have more stories
about the prey brought it by our beloved cats than anything else. It doesn't
though. I guess there must be plenty of these stories about. Perhaps they
are so common they seem a bit boring now?

Well, here's a very old story. Years ago, back in the late 60s, we had
a male daschund who raised an abandoned kitten. For the first year or
so Mittens thought he was a d*g. That pretty much ended when he
learned he could scale the fence, and of course he also learned about
girl kitties. (Note: these days one of the first things I would do
would be to get him neutered, but back then it just wasn't something
we thought of doing. In fact I don't think Mittens was ever seen by
TED.)

Bobo, the doxy, was kept in a fenced yard, but one of his favorite
things was to go into the foothills with us kids. In fact it was on of
these trips that he found Mittens, the sole survivor of a litter of
kits someone had dumped. Anyway, Bobo was forever digging at the
ground squirrel holes, but of coure he could never catch a squirrel.
Once Mittens learned he could climb fences he would often make the 1/4
mile trip from our house to the edge of the foothills, usually by
himself but sometimes he'd come along when we were playing with Bobo.

Anyway, one day Mittens brought home a ground squirrel and presented
it to Bobo. It was pretty amazing to us, since Mittens wasn't a BIG
cat, just medium sized, and he carried a good sized squirrel home,
climbing a couple six foot fences to get it home to give to Bo.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: