Old December 4th 10, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default "Inky" RB

CatNipped wrote:
Unfortunately, we were too late getting "Inky" to the vet. Ben did all he
could - got a heating pad to warm her and managed to get some formula down
her. He was petting her and she would "mew" every time he stopped so he sat
there petting her and she just took a few big breaths and then quit
breathing. I'm grateful that she didn't have to die alone, but, naturally,
Ben is devastated by this. The poor little lost one is now truly lost, but
she won't be ungrieved or forgotten. Ben is going to leave her for a little
while so he can mourn for her, then later dig a grave for her in our
backyard alongside Percy and Bandit and Hunter (and get a small headstone
for her later). I imagine Percy and Bandit and Hunter will be at the
'Bridge waiting to show her the ropes - at least I can dream it's so.

Purrs for her little lost soul and Ben's peace of mind would be greatly
appreciated. This is turning out to be a really hard Christmas for both of
us - and Ben doesn't even have the "release" of a group like this who
understand. The sports groups he usually hangs out in would not know how
much this has devastated him.

That is so sad. Purrs for you and Ben, I've lit a candle for Inky.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=Inky

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart