Old December 5th 10, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default "Inky" RB

CatNipped wrote:

Unfortunately, we were too late getting "Inky" to the vet. Ben did all he
could - got a heating pad to warm her and managed to get some formula down
her. He was petting her and she would "mew" every time he stopped so he sat
there petting her and she just took a few big breaths and then quit
breathing. I'm grateful that she didn't have to die alone, but, naturally,
Ben is devastated by this.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! It sounds like she was already past the
point of being saved by the time she found her way to your place. She got
the best of care and I don't think there was anything more any of you
(you, Ben or the vet) could have done that wasn't already being done for
her. Poor little baby.

Joyce

--
"Sentimentality" -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
-- Graham Greene