Old October 23rd 03, 05:04 PM
Mich Somday

"Alley" wrote in message:

So, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with their
cats hunting squirrels?

Hi Alley,

My tiny little calico girl, Creepie, is a very intrepid hunter who has
indeed snagged a few squirrels. They've all been pine squirrels and
flying squirrels, though. We don't have the big fox or gray squirrels
here. She's always come out unscathed and left us our gift of dead
rodent near our recliners. She's been known to kill small weasels and
full grown rabbits, too. Runtus and Iddy seem satisfied with mice,
birds, etc. Some cats, like Creepie, have more of a killer instinct
than others, I think. Some love the hunt; she loves the kill.

Good luck with your kitty. I've seen some pretty chubby felines react
with lightning-quick reflexes when it comes to getting what they want.
You just might have one of those!

Kindest Regards,

Mich