Old January 22nd 05, 05:36 AM
Tanada

William Hamblen wrote:

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:55:21 +0000, jmc
wrote:

ken wrote:

Why do kittens want to jump up to the highest places in a room..Mine
does this and in doing it, she knocks off phots, books, cd's, -
anything in her way.

Ken

Hunter instinct, I would guess. Easier to see the prey (you,probably)

from higher up. Not just kittens, they'll always do this.

I'm a bit more lucky, Meep doesn't like to knock things over, so she
won't go onto high places that have stuff on them.

It is a shock when you are sitting quietly and suddenly a cat flies
past your face as she jumps off the top of the refrigerator or
cupboard.

Worse, when you're walking past the refrigerator or cupboard and a cat
comes zooming onto your head on the way down.

Pam S. who's had that happen a few times